Do you have some spare time to give? Do you enjoy working with children? Do you want to gain valuable work experience? Why not volunteer with Breakaway?
Who can apply to be a Volunteer?
- NHCVS Breakaway accepts applications to become a volunteer from anyone who is aged 16 or above, from school year 12/ lower 6th.
- NHCVS Breakaway welcomes people who are looking to gain experience in preparation for/ alongside studies in a field that caters for SEN/ disabilities.
Benefits of being a volunteer at Breakaway
- NHCVS Breakaway can be a rewarding experience and help promote understanding of people who have additional needs.
- NHCVS Breakaway can help you build confidence in working with children with additional needs, and can build your understanding of SEN and disability.
- Volunteering with NHCVS Breakaway looks great on applications for courses/ jobs including but not limited to: healthcare, nursing, medicine, teaching, education support, social work, psychology etc.
- You can use volunteering with Breakaway towards your Duke of Edinburgh ‘Service’ component.
How to Volunteer
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and send it to us using the details on the Contact Us page of this website.