Do you have some spare time to give? Do you enjoy working with children? Do you want to gain valuable work experience?
Who can apply to be a Volunteer?
- NHCVS Breakaway accepts applications to become a volunteer from anyone who is aged 16 or above, from school year 12/ lower 6th.
- NHCVS Breakaway welcomes people who are looking to gain experience in preparation for/ alongside studies in a field that caters for SEN/ disabilities.
Benefits of being a volunteer at Breakaway
- NHCVS Breakaway is a rewarding experience and helps promote understanding of young people who have additional needs.
- NHCVS Breakaway can help you build confidence in working with children with additional needs, and can build your understanding of SEN and disability.
- Volunteering with NHCVS Breakaway looks great on applications for courses/ jobs including but not limited to: healthcare, nursing, medicine, teaching, education support, social work, psychology etc.
- You can use volunteering with Breakaway towards your Duke of Edinburgh ‘Service’ component.
How to Volunteer
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and send it to us using the details on the Contact Us page of this website.